| Forums | Search | Statistics |
To post as a member, please log in first. If you don't have an account, you're welcome to sign up.
North Carolina RankWrestlers Forum / North Carolina /  

Junior class is lead by kid who didn't participate in States

Author cypher48
Registered
From State: NC 

#1 | Posted: 27 Feb 2020 14:55 
See Grade

Author ryan.fitch2012@gmail.com
Registered 

#2 | Posted: 1 Mar 2020 20:13 
No response?

Author Admin
Admin
From State: MO 

#3 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 15:45 
Not sure if he was injured or moved or what, but he still had the highest total score of all the Junior wrestlers in the state.

Author trojantrained
Registered

#4 | Posted: 3 Mar 2020 19:11 
Injured

Author jgraves
Registered

#5 | Posted: 31 Mar 2020 19:42 
He was injured and he's ahead of everyone because he's the best p4p kid by a mile

Author cypher48
Registered

#6 | Posted: 4 May 2020 23:56 
I've never heard of him. I'll pay attention to him next year because if he's a mile ahead of the other kids on the list which I have seen them all Wrestle he must be very good. Landon is a 3x state champion and if you are a mile ahead of that you got something

Author swissbear92
Registered

#7 | Posted: 12 Aug 2020 08:33 
So I was just board and need a wrestling fix so drop into this website. I wasn't fully understanding your message at first. Then did a some looking and realize you're referring to Adrain Hiott and also Landon Foor. Forgive me I'm not current on who's, who in NC high school wrestling at the moment. For the sake of adding to this for the sake of "the kid that's rank #1 and didn't go to state". As well as the sportsmanship and respect we should show anyone courageous enough to participate in our sport I'll say this.

Most of the result on any rank or prediction or based on algorithmic function and probabilities. So if you crunch enough of those superficial numbers like the point spread, rank of fellow opponents, win/loss, type of win, possibly prior year/s wins, etc... it spits out a number. If you look at the FAQs section of this site it also helps explain these things. Now with that said, I don't disagree there maybe a disparage in this ranking. However, I feel pretty certain the young man is probably good enough to make the list. Beyond that I don't think he had anything to do with putting himself atop the list, aside from working hard and unfortunately sustaining a season ending injury. So let's give him a break...

I agree for all intents purposes that Foor should be somewhere atop the list. However there's some pretty darn good ones I don't see as high as I believe they should be. I mean Kobie Early and Cates to name a couple. Non the less, winning a title 3 times regardless of division is an accomplishment. I've been around this sport 40 years, grappled a little in college and had a brother that was a D1 wrestling coach for a good while. I think the best assessment of our NC wrestlers is how they do in Th e super 32 and various national events with wrestlers from through the US. Most of the PA kids don't care if your a 100x state champ. They have guys that don't qualify that systemically dismantle some of the best from anywhere else USA.

I hope they get that algorithm figured out. I'm sure it will help folks sleep better at night. 😁

North Carolina RankWrestlers Forum / North Carolina / Junior class is lead by kid who didn't participate in States Top