| Forums | Search | Statistics |
To post as a member, please log in first. If you don't have an account, you're welcome to sign up.
North Carolina RankWrestlers Forum / North Carolina /  

Ranking Formula

Author kwlarison
Registered
From State: NC 

#1 | Posted: 20 Feb 2018 05:16 
Please check 3A-170. I am seeing what appears to be errors in the #18 Zovistoski versus #21 Larison. Zovistoski lost head to head all three meetings vs Larison during the year. Larison shows a higher win percentage, higher adjusted percentage. Also looks like the last match for Larison in the State series has been entered twice. Please let me know if this is an error, or a function of the algorithm that I am not following.

Author Admin
Admin
From State: MO 

#2 | Posted: 22 Feb 2018 14:36 
Larison would have been in the top 10 if not for his loss to Nikulson in Regionals, which led to a rather large negative head-to-head adjustment. Next season we will show the details of the head-to-head adjustments, so it will be easier to understand why the adjustments are being applied.

Author kwlarison
Registered

#3 | Posted: 24 Feb 2018 06:22 
Thank you for the response, but that doesn't answer the question regarding a wrestler that was defeated three times head to head being ranked above the wrestler that beat him, correct? Understanding the drop due to the loss to Nikulson, but don't understand Zovistoski being ranked higher. Larison split with Nikulson on the year (one win, one loss) as did Zovistoski. Note the Nikulson win over Zovistoski in the Region as well, and also note that it is listed twice in the rankings.Please explain.

Author kwlarison
Registered

#4 | Posted: 31 Mar 2018 05:09 
I did not get a response to my last inquiry. This site does not provide an advantage of manual ranking from trackwrestling data if it posts incorrect information.

Author kwlarison
Registered

#5 | Posted: 31 Mar 2018 05:11 
...additionally, I have to ask where are the rest of the State Tournament matches?

Author Admin
Admin
From State: MO 

#6 | Posted: 5 Apr 2018 14:54 
Many coaches do not update the full state tournament results on TrackWrestling, so we are working to collect the missing information before we publish our preseason rankings for the 2018-19 season.

North Carolina RankWrestlers Forum / North Carolina / Ranking Formula Top