| Forums | Search | Statistics |
To post as a member, please log in first. If you don't have an account, you're welcome to sign up.
Missouri RankWrestlers Forum / Missouri /  

Level of Competition

Author elisdad
Registered
From State: mo 

#1 | Posted: 9 Jan 2019 13:45 
Am I missing something, or does Level of Competition not get much credit in the rankings?

Author Admin
Admin
From State: MO 

#2 | Posted: 10 Jan 2019 17:13 
Level of competition definitely gets factored in. For the adjusted win percentage, wins against higher level competition count more and losses count less and the opposite for lower level competition. Also, the other major component of the wrestler score is their three best wins, which is definitely affected by their level of competition. There are undefeated wrestlers that are relatively far down in the rankings because they have not had as tough of competition. No fault of theirs, but it is difficult to know how good they really are until they have been tested by higher ranked opponents. Hopefully we keep getting a better idea as the season progresses and they have more opportunities.

Author elisdad
Registered
From State: mo 

#3 | Posted: 10 Jan 2019 19:06 
I've noticed a lot of wrestlers from other states don't the % listed in "Opp Adj". How does that work? I see several wrestlers that have gone to national level tournaments and beat some very good kids and lost to some very good kids getting ranked lower than wrestlers that havn't left the state. Just trying to figure out how the algorithm works.

Author Admin
Admin
From State: MO 

#4 | Posted: 11 Jan 2019 02:50 
It might help to go to this link: http://rankwrestlers.com/howworks.php

Missouri RankWrestlers Forum / Missouri / Level of Competition Top